Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Things in Order

It's been a bit since I last shared my thoughts.

Mostly because not much has been going on.

I've had a much easier transition into the States than last time, other than my stomach becoming very particular of what it comes into contact with. I recently met some of my friends at Taco Bell for dinner, and as soon I finished my meal it felt as though my stomach was screaming at me from all the grease that I had ingested. Though this is an obnoxious trait to have brought back from Haiti with me, it is causing me to eat healthier.

I'm also find joy in the was God is challenging me. Most probably wouldn't, because it is frustrating. I've been working on my disciplines, specifically reading His word, personal stewardship and communicating more with Him. I've been waking up a littler earlier than usual and reading before my day. But ironically because I get up earlier I get tried faster, and then I tend to sleep in... So it's a challenge of getting my priorities in order so I can go to bed before midnight for once. Secondly on the issue of personal stewardship, my education, this has been a huge struggle. I can honestly say I am completely fed up with school and am ready to drop out this very second. The only thing keeping me from this is knowing that I have to get my degree in order to fulfill God's calling for my life, so I continue to push forward. Lastly, it is very easy in our American culture to make ourselves so busy that we forget to acknowledge God. I do it all the time, which is why I'm trying to take time each day to pause and communicate with my Creator, and Savior.

To conclude this update, It's been really neat to see some relationships strengthen around me. In the last few days I've had the opportunity to causally meet and talk to some fellow campus leaders. I can't explain how its been to network with others on campus about methods of servant leadership. We don't always realize when God open's doors for us, but when we do it's something special that as apart of the creation I really cannot fully explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment