Monday, June 6, 2011

Movement Behind 20,000

Recently I attended my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. What an enormous milestone, in their lives and marriage. They held a ceremony in an historical hotel in New Braunfels, where they renewed their covenant, and shared vows in the form of speeches before dinner. They've always been a huge inspiration in my life, my Uncle being a retired college professor, and pastor, my aunt being a school teacher, and together gifted musicians. During their given speeches they both shared simplicity in their words, but elegance in their meaning. When I arrived home I practically immediately called a friend, and begun working on a song. Not solely to reflect, interpret, or share the inspiration in a musical sense, but also to honor them. When the day was done Ellen and I stepped away with a song that we call 20,000. I wanted to share the lyrics with all of you, and explain some points of the song. This song will also be on my upcoming project "Creatures" which will be coming out at the summer.

20,000

20,000 days for better for worse
- 2o,077 days was the amount of days they had been together at their 50th anniversary
perseverance, patience, has conquered all

through the valleys, through the mountains, forests and fields

your beauty and grace have never missed a note
- My Aunt looks as if she has never aged, she is timeless in every sense of the word

oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, oh


20,000 days I have spent with you

my heart and my home one in same
- As it should be . . .
all of my love, never give up for every day is new

your wisdom and strength have never missed a note
- These are characteristics of any great husband, leader, or hero.

oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, oh


I love you today more than yesterday
I love you today less than tomorrow
- These are lines out of his speech to his wife, in meaning the longer they are together, the more he loves her.

oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, oh


I'm excited to share the finished product to you in the following months. Until then continue to stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment